Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Crestline, Ohio location:
Works with assigned customers/areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions; works with Ambulatory Applications team to support the organization's use of the EPIC clinical information systems along with other third-party applications within physician clinical settings. This position reports to the I.S. Manager of Ambulatory Applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BACK OFFICE SUPPORT EMR
1. Assists the other roles in the EMR Team as requested.
2. Builds EMR forms as assigned and on schedule.
3. Prepares reports and audits requests as assigned.
4. Troubleshoots system software problem or questions from users.
5. Conducts template maintenance as assigned.
NEW OFFICE EMR IMPLEMENATION SUPPORT
6. Trains office staff, physicians and clinical personnel as assigned.
7. Provides demonstration of the software functionality for potential new doctors and nurses, etc. as requested.
8. Coordinates training schedules for new offices.
9. Works with the Information Services department to ensure that hardware and technical infrastructure is ready for new office.
10. Gathers information for template enhancements during new office analysis.
11. Tests system enhancements (new interfaces, software upgrades, etc) as required.
MAINTAINS EXISTING EMR DEPLOYMENTS
12. Adheres to a structured schedule for working with existing EMR offices as needed by the Application Supervisor.
13. Teaches system software enhancements for effective use of the EMR system as instructed by the Application Supervisor.
14. Acts as a back-up liaison to project integration meetings and coordinates EMR resources.
15. Leads the coordination of the development of template enhancements as requested by the Application
16. Creates, updates, maintains database points (i.e. pharmacies, doctor info, patient info, duplicate charts).
17. Troubleshoots and maintains system fax server.
18. Develops, maintains and modifies physician office schedules as needed.
19. Maintains, updates and monitors prescription database application (Surescripts).
I.S. SUPPORT AND GENERAL DUTIES
20. Demonstrates a basic knowledge of helpdesk procedures.
21. Is able to resolve minor technical support issues.
22. Covers helpdesk occasionally as needed.
23. Demonstrates effective communication.
24. Completes required process and work related documentation as requested.
25. Follows defined department policies.
26. Prioritizes work effectively by ensuring the customer needs are met while managing project deliverables.
27. Comes prepared for department meetings.
28. Uses trouble-ticketing system appropriately.
29. Demonstrates excellent customer service.
30. Completes status reports as requested and on-time.
31. Completes required process and work related documentation as requested.
32. Takes on-call rotation as required.
33. Performs other duties as assigned.
• 3 years of clinical office experience with an EMR in a physician office.
• 3 years of experience assisting users with training, fielding helpdesk calls, and writing I.S. documentation.
• 3 years of experience supporting user/team members with problem solving.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Monday through Friday
On-Call - weekly every 6 weeks
Occasional overtime as needed
Full-Time: 80 Hours Bi-Weekly
Apply on company website