Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Ontario, Ohio location:
Serves as the Food & Nutrition Services Department representative in patient care nutritional activities. Screens patient nutritional status, assesses laboratory values and other pertinent medical data, develops appropriate care plans, monitors the nutritional status of patients, counsels patient and/or family on special nutritional requirements, consults with other healthcare personnel (physician, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, etc.) as appropriate. Involved in matters relating to quality assurance, productivity, menu development, manual(s) coordination, patient education materials, standards of care, patient food review, participation on appropriate hospital committees, planning, and employee/staff training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assesses patients' nutritional status according to established standards.
2. Conducts patient rounds to determine adequacy of nutritional intake and assesses adequacy/acceptability of meals/interactions.
3. Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient's nutritional status.
4. Maintains accurate records/documentation of patient care.
5. Develops nutritional care plans for patients of any age including neonate, child, adolescent, geriatric and terminally ill patients.
6. Develops and presents training classes for employee/co-workers.
7. Evaluates the results of nutritional intervention on the patient's nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional plan of care.
8. Improves patient's nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions.
9. Assists in developing and implementing patient nutrition care programs and ensures consistency of programs.
10. Interacts professionally with patient/family. Provides nutritional teaching and counseling to patient/family in making desired changes in eating habits.
11. Provides nutrition-drug interrelationship information to physician.
12. Establishes assigned quality assurance monitors and thresholds.
13. Tracks quality assurance indicators and action plans.
14. Assists in development of departmental standards of nutritional care.
15. Updates Dietary staff on patient changes and likes/dislikes.
16. Effectively communicates with nursing, medical, and other facility staff to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
17. Manages projects for timely and accurate completion.
18. Reports to director any suggestions for positive changes or recommendations within the scope of the department function and in view of existing policies and procedures.
19. Demonstrates excellent customer service when dealing with ALL people (i.e. staff, managers/supervisors, administration, patients, visitors, physicians).
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
21. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
22. Completes annual education requirements.
23. Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and the accrediting body regulations.
24. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
25. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
26. Wears identification while on duty.
27. Uses computerized punch time system and completes time edit sheets correctly.
28. Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
29. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
30. Attends staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes and memos.
31. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
32. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
33. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
34. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
35. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external.
• Registered and licensed Dietitian.
• Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• One year of clinical experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to use all office equipment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Apply on company website