Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Galion, Ohio location:
Under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Medical Director and Department Director, the Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remains alert, assesses possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
2. Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
3. Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
4. Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
5. Follows departmental equipment cleaning and maintenance of equipment procedures.
6. Documents all pertinent data on the patient's medical record following completion of any service.
7. Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, log books and their proper usage.
8. Performs all duties as outlined in the “Shift Responsibilities” section for the shift that the therapist works.
9. Performs EKGs, types report interpretations, sends reports to physicians who requested them and files reports in department, according to department procedures.
10. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
11. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of oxygen concentrations and medication doses as they relate to patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
12. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure that it is functioning safely and efficiently.
13. Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs of a patient and evaluates effectiveness of learning, patient's family is included in teaching as appropriate.
14. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients' needs are met and that hospital policy is followed.
15. Demonstrates ability to assess patient, his/her need, and ability to tolerate treatment and reassessment for response to treatment.
16. Attends education inservice programs to maintain professional competency. Obtains appropriate hospital-specific education and training.
17. Performs all additional duties as assigned by the department manager.
18. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
19. Completes annual education requirements.
20. Maintains regulatory requirements.
21. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
22. Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
23. Completes work within designated time.
24. Wears identification while on duty.
25. Uses computerized punch time system correctly.
26. Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
27. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
28. Attends at least 50% staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
29. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
30. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
31. Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy when dealing with ALL people (i.e. staff, managers/supervisors, administration, patients, visitors, physicians).
32. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
33. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
34. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
35. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
• Current State Respiratory Therapist Licensure.
• Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
• Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation certification.
• ACLS, PALS and BLS certifications.
• Three or more years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Ability to use ABG machine, ventilators, IPPB, EKG, bedside PF screeners, and any other equipment and skills required to practice respiratory therapy.
• Team player.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Shift varies, days vary
Apply on company website