Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Galion, Ohio location:
Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients and admission of individuals who have hospital based outpatient testing or procedures. Ensures that the patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures. Interviews incoming patient or representatives and enters information required for admission into computer database. Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for accepting reservations for hospital services.
2. Responsible for accepting reservations from a physician's office and pre-admitting these patients.
3. Responsible for pre-registering patients for scheduled admissions and outpatient procedures, obtaining authorization and verifying insurance eligibility.
4. Responsible for interviewing patients or their representative, where admission is unscheduled, for obtaining personal information or verifying information already on file, including emergency numbers and insurance information.
5. Responsible for obtaining signatures on Conditions of Admission and initiating the advance directive process. Communicates to Nursing when no advance directive is available.
6. Provides information to the patient/representative about billing, complaint process, patient rights and visiting hours. Distributes hospital specific literature.
7. Responsible for insuring that a patient's valuables are taken home by a family member or secured in the safe.
8. Communicates appropriately and clearly to supervisor, nurse managers, coworkers and physicians.
9. Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
10. Responsible, when previous arrangements have been made or a co-payment is required, to collect such payments, record payment and forward to the appropriate Patient Accounts personnel.
11. Responsible for knowing hospital policies and being familiar with hospital services that are available.
12. Refers patient to the Patient Accounts Office when financial arrangements need to be made.
13. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well in stressful situations.
14. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures confidentiality of patients' records.
15. Interacts professionally with patient/family and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
16. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
17. Ensures that documentation meets current standards and policies.
18. Answers the switchboard telephone in a polite manner and communicates information to the appropriate personnel, provider and/or family. Utilize transfer, hold and overhead paging functions as appropriate.
19. Provides directory information to internal and external inquiries.
20. Maintains current listing of all facility telephone numbers and extensions.
21. Utilizes the Physician Call Log to efficiently contact appropriate physician after hours to address patient needs.
22. Knowledgeable of all departments and services available in the facility.
23. Knowledgeable of emergency codes to be used over the PA system and uses them correctly and appropriately.
24. Excellent customer services skills.
25. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
26. Checks and stocks supplies as needed.
27. Performs other duties as assigned.
28. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
29. Completes annual education requirements.
30. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
31. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
32. Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
33. Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
34. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
35. Attends a minimum of 85% of staff meetings annually; reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
36. Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy when dealing with ALL people (i.e. staff, managers/supervisors, administration, patients, visitors, physicians).
37. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
38. Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and the accrediting body regulations.
39. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
40. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
41. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
• Previous experience dealing with customers.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Great customer service skills.
• Ability to deal with the public in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
• Correct and safe operation of office equipment, i.e., copy machine, fax, printers, etc.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• Ability to type 40 wpm.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Apply on company website