Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Galion, Ohio location:
Provides and performs a variety of cardiac diagnostics as prescribed by physicians to a wide variety of patients ranging in age from neonates to geriatrics (some of whom may be in a critical or life threatening state). Uses ultrasound to visualize internal cardiac structures, obtains measurements of cardiac valves, ventricle and left atrium and visualizes blood flow via cardiac ultrasound and perform a variety of cardiac diagnostic procedures, such as stress testing, EKG, and home cardiac monitoring. Assists the physician with complex noninvasive cardiac diagnostic procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs electrocardiograms and echocardiograms per procedure.
2. Expands the scope of examination according to any abnormalities observed.
3. Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
4. Obtains patient identification information into the echocardiogram computer.
5. Obtains patient clinical information from the patient, chart and physician.
6. Selects the appropriate transducer and settings for the machine for optimal visuals.
7. Positions patients to optimally visualize cardiac structures.
8. Operates the echocardiographic equipment with other non-invasive equipment to perform complete 2-D/M-Mode, Doppler/Color Flow Study as well as other echo studies (e.g. stress echo, bubble studies).
9. Conducts other diagnostic testing such as, EKG, stress testing (regular, cardiolite, adenosine) stress ECHO, event recorder, HOLTER set-up and analysis.
10. Assists the physician when Stress Echo tests are being conducted.
11. Maintains the ability to identify grossly abnormal data obtained from testing and notifies reading physician.
12. Maintains records of all procedures performed, sends reports to requesting physicians and archives the tape and text of patient examinations.
13. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
14. Inspects ultrasound equipment daily to ensure it is operating effectively. Reports any malfunctions.
15. Assures that all supplies necessary to conduct (appropriate to job) testing procedures are ordered and on hand.
16. Performs an overall evaluation of patient history and information as well as assessment of the heart/integrity vasculature to correlate the test and data obtained.
17. Exam rooms and equipment are cleaned between patients as well as at the end of the day.
18. Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
19. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
20. Maintains thorough knowledge of departmental forms and log books.
21. Schedules diagnostic testing and obtains all appropriate information needed prior to appointment.
22. Assures the arrangement of inpatient studies with prescheduled outpatient studies by insuring adequate time is allowed to complete the study.
23. Familiar with the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and is able to fill-in for cardiac rehab staff when necessary.
24. Educates patients regarding testing procedures.
25. Attends educational inservice programs to maintain competency as well as hospital inservice programs and training as required.
26. Administers Intravenous (IV) fluids/drugs as required.
27. Supervises stress tests per department protocol.
28. Conducts patient assessments and risk stratification for testing.
29. Takes and transcribes medication orders.
30. Administers medications per Avita protocol.
31. Performs other duties as assigned.
32. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
33. Completes annual educational requirements.
34. Maintains regulatory requirements.
35. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
36. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
37. Wears identification while on duty.
38. Uses computerized punch time system correctly.
39. Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
40. Attends annual review and departmental inservices, as scheduled.
41. Attends staff meetings; reads and returns monthly staff meeting minutes.
42. Stays current with industry matters by reading/attending educational presentations.
43. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
44. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
45. Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy when dealing with ALL people (i.e. staff, managers/supervisors, administration, patients, visitors, physicians).
46. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
47. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
48. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
49. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
• State of Ohio Registered Nurse license.
• Current BLS certification.
• ARDCS (Adult Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) or CCI (Certified Cardiographic Technician).
• Licensed as an Ultrasound Tech.
• ACLS certified
• One to two years of ultrasound experience in echocardiography.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology and arrhythmias.
• Critical thinking skills
• Stress lab experience a plus
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
60 hours per pay
Apply on company website