Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Ontario, Ohio location:
Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with ED physicians regarding changes in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
2. Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
3. Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain while utilizing appropriate pain management techniques.
4. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
5. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
6. Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
8. Accurately assigns triage categories.
9. Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
10. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
11. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
12. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served.
14. Able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
15. Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
16. Provides teaching and discharge instructions based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; includes family in teaching, as appropriate.
17. Maintains current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition.
18. Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
19. Demonstrates the ability to initiate and monitor IV therapy.
20. Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
21. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
22. Assists in cost containment through the appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
23. Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives; maintains good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
24. Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
25. Provides resource information to other staff.
26. Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures in the Emergency Department.
27. Delegates appropriately and monitors work of others.
28. Orients new employees to the Emergency Department and contributes to the educational experience of students.
29. Assists the Emergency Department Nurse Manager in the development, implementation and evaluation of performance improvement indicators to improve patient outcomes and the work environment.
30. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
31. Maintains positive working relationships with EMS, law enforcement personnel and other outside agencies.
32. Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
33. Communicates pertinent patient information to Emergency Department physicians and other appropriate individuals, i.e. Charge Nurse, PCC.
34. Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and that equipment is functioning properly.
35. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function effectively under stressful situations.
36. Response to the patient and family is appropriate in emergent or stressful situations.
37. Strives to use down-time effectively and productively.
38. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
39. Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, co-workers, and other hospital personnel.
40. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
41. Completes annual education requirements.
42. Maintains regulatory requirements.
43. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
44. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
45. Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
46. Attends and completes organizational inservcies as appropriate, as required.
47. Attends departmental inservices as scheduled.
48. Attends at least 4 staff meetings annually.
49. Reviews memos, posted information, communication book, etc. regularly.
50. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
51. Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy when dealing with ALL people (i.e. staff, managers/supervisors, administration, patients, visitors, physicians).
52. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
53. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
54. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
55. Adheres to regulatory requirements including all state, federal and the accrediting body regulations.
56. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
• Current State of Ohio Registered Nurse license.
• Current BLS Certification.
• ACLS certified within 3 months of hire.
• PALS within 6 months of hire.
• TNCC within one year of hire.
• 1 – 2 years Registered Nurse experience within the last 24 months.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Basic computer knowledge
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Apply on company website