Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Galion, Ohio location:
Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of an RN or LPN. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group or patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills, according to the scope of practice for Nursing Assistants.
2. Is able to follow directions, both oral and written, and work cooperatively with other staff members.
3. Has the ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in basic nursing procedures and simple charting.
4. Assists in the preparation for admission of patients.
5. Assists in and accompanies patients in the admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
6. Assists patients in accounting for his/her belongings upon admission and discharge.
7. Provides patient care, which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the shift.
8. Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan or commode and ambulating the patients.
9. Turns and positions patients as ordered and/or as needed, making sure surfaces are wrinkle free and dry.
10. Lifts and transfers patients with proper and safe body mechanics and with proper equipment (e.g. gait belt, power lift, etc.).
11. Leaves patient rooms in good condition for oncoming shift.
12. Assists patients with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
13. Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients, if necessary.
14. Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
15. Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, blood pressure and intake-output.
16. Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to RN or LPN.
17. Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents to the charge nurse.
18. Assists LPN or RN in treatment procedures.
19. Ensures patients are dressed properly and assists, as necessary. Ensures that used clothing is properly stored in bedside stand or on hangers in closet. When necessary, ensures that patients are clean and dry at all times.
20. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
21. Knows whereabouts of assigned patients.
22. Provides reality orientation in daily care.
23. Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
24. Performs general care activities for patients in isolation.
25. Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs and makes rounds to assigned patients.
26. Transports patients to and from various departments, as requested.
27. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
28. Knocks on a patient's door and gains permission for entering the room before entering room.
29. Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with patients, family members and other facility personnel while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
30. Provides post-mortem care to deceased patients.
31. Uses prescribed hand-washing technique and washes hands before and after each patient contact.
32. Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen and follows established charge procedure for patient charge items.
33. Adheres to policies and procedures of the facility and the Department of Nursing.
34. Attends inservice education programs, as assigned, to learn about new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
35. Maintains personal health in order to prevent absence from work due to health problems.
36. Assists cost containment through the appropriate utilization, capturing charges and conserving of supplies and equipment.
37. Demonstrates proficiency with FIM tool through participation in the certification process.
38. Maintains patient schedules with a variety of therapies by transporting to and from therapy in a timely manner.
39. Supports the teaching/practice of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and recreation therapy with the patient rehabilitation program.
40. Assists as needed with patient groups.
41. Demonstrates appropriated knowledge of philosophy of rehabilitation, and the role of rehabilitation nursing.
42. Carries out rehabilitation specific procedures utilizing therapeutic techniques for transfers, ambulation, ADL's, feeding and communication.
43. Completes annual education requirements.
44. Attends the required minimum of 12 hours of inservices without need for make-up inservices.
45. Adheres to regulatory requirements including all state, federal and the accrediting body regulations.
46. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
47. Attends a minimum of 4 staff meetings annually; reads and signs all monthly staff meeting minutes and memos.
48. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
49. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
50. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
51. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
52. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
53. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
54. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
55. Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
56. Uses computerized punch time system and completes time edit sheets, when necessary, correctly.
57. Wears identification while on duty with photo clearly visible at chest/lapel level.
58. Completes work within designated time.
59. Returns from breaks, meals, errands and inservices on time.
• Current Certification as a State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) or applicable work related experience working as a nursing assistant.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification within three (3) months of hire date.
• Previous experience working as a nursing assistant.
Shift Varies, Days Vary
Casual: Hours will Vary
Apply on company website