Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Galion, Ohio location:
Performs a variety of imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
2. Responsible for safe handling of equipment.
3. Instructs and prepares patients for radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations.
4. Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
5. Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
6. Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure - makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
8. Programs stationary x-ray machines and makes radiographs for a variety of examinations.
9. Has knowledge of use of the CR Reader, PACS and RIS.
10. Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
11. Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
12. Assists in maintaining files.
13. Interacts professionally with patient/family.
14. Completes all work before clocking out and leaving.
15. Is acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
16. Knowledgeable of hospital policies and the functions of the other departments.
17. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and all departments throughout the hospital.
18. Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
20. Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
21. Completes annual educational requirements.
22. Maintains regulatory requirements. ODOH licensure.
23. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
24. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
25. Consistently completes and maintains assigned duties.
26. Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
27. Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
28. Attends staff meetings, reads and initials all monthly staff meeting minutes.
29. Maintains hospital requirements, policies and standards on confidentiality.
30. Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy when dealing with ALL people (i.e. staff, managers/supervisors, administration, patients, visitors, physicians).
31. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
32. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
33. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
34. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
35. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
36. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
37. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
• ARRT Registry and ODOH Licensure.
• Current BLS certification.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
First shift days vary
72 hours bi-weekly
Apply on company website