Come join our HR team in BAE Systems Enterprise Shared Services as a business partner. This position will have responsibility for providing a broad range of HR partnership activities including:
- Business Partnering: leaders to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolves HR issues
- Support the mitigation of human capital related business risks and compliance activities.
- Provide proactive employee relations, manager coaching, and partner with assigned leaders to create a culture that supports ESS.
- Collaborate with the Centers of Expertise (COEs) and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of HR services and program to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success.
- Support ESS activities that support a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Work with leaders to develop an effective workforce plan/strategy and collaborate with talent acquisition to translate the requirements into an executable plan.
- Provide guidance and coaching to leaders in the delivery of compensation programs like annual salary planning.
- Lead new employee onboarding efforts for ESS
- Collaborate with assigned leaders to identify top talent and succession candidates and provide support to the Management Readiness Review planning process at the business unit level.
- Utilize HR metrics to monitor performance and identify actionable trends.
This is an individual contributor role and can be filled in Reston, VA or Charlotte, NC
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and six(6) years of experience as an HR Generalist or equivalent.
- Strong employee relations background
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company employees, customers and suppliers.
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience in providing hands-on HR support for a dispersed employee population
- The successful candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of employees including vice presidents, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and possess a sense of urgency to close on actions
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience working within shared services HR delivery model
- Project management capability
- Proficiency with HCM systems and associated HR systems
- Certified by HRCI as PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM as SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
- 8+ years of relevant experience
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website