BAE Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team of professionals as a Cybersecurity Officer/Field Service Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working with the field engineering team to support and maintain Compass Call delivered mission systems and mission support systems at Davis Monthan AFB, AZ. The candidate will serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for systems operated in support of the Compass Call program, including for operations, maintenance, training, and testing. The candidate will have detailed knowledge and expertise of the Information systems and provide day-to-day cybersecurity operations support.
Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Collecting, reviewing, and archiving system audit records
- Updating anti-virus software and definitions and ensuring virus scans are accomplished
- Handling and managing Communications Security (COMSEC) and classified systems material
- Participating in security incident response, recovery processes, and assisting in system backups
- Providing cybersecurity training and briefings, and assisting in security investigations
- Conducting software installations, system patching, and security hardening activities
- Providing user account management and systems administration support
- Updating Xacta database entries for information systems security project management
- Supporting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD)-503 guidelines
- Supporting the development and maintenance of system security plans including security concepts of operation (CONOPs), security control traceability matrix (SCTM), security test procedures, plan of actions and milestones (POA&Ms), and local site policies and procedures
- Conducting vulnerability scans and assessments to validate system compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Supporting security test and evaluation (ST&E) events to achieve authorization milestones
- Business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must ensure that resume addresses all stated requirements of the posted requisition. Only resumes that specifically include all required skills/experience/education will be considered.
Posses a Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance (US Citizenship required)
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 4+ year(s) related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent certification
Understanding of national Cybersecurity policies, IA standard security principles, standards and industry best practices.
Experience in vulnerability assessment, control allocation and risk mitigation.
Experience with DISA STIGs, IAVA compliance hardening, vulnerability scans and remediation.
Experience with traditional A&A tools: ACAS Nessus, HBSS, Xacta, eMASS, SCAP Scanner, Fortify, WebInspect, STIG Viewer.
Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity with 4 years of related experience
- Experience in systems administration and cybersecurity operations and training
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Experience with the Xacta RMF process automation database platform
- Experience in vulnerability assessment, control allocation, and risk mitigation
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Skilled in planning and organization of tasks, procedures, and processes
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website