See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team needs engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GPS receivers for military airborne and weapons applications. This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team effort to develop our Modernized GPS receiver products.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments may include tasks such as developing software tools, supporting field demonstration efforts, providing customer support, and mentoring other engineers. The successful applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools as well as proficient in the development of embedded hardware/software applications.
- The successful candidate will have a willingness to apply a defined process to technical assignments, and the ability to independently perform multiple tasks with support from a mentor.
- Member of a software development team working in an Agile environment
- Exposure to software development activities (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing)
- Actively involved in M-code Product Line software development activities for the development of Military GPS receiver software
Required Skills and Education
• US Citizenship
• Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
• Applicant must have a STEM degree in an applicable engineering or science field.
The successful candidate should be experienced in the following general skills:
• High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
• Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
• Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
• Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
• Ability to work well with a diverse team
• A genuine desire to learn and innovate
Preferred Skills and Education
In addition to the general skills listed, the ideal candidate will bring experience from the following specific technologies and engineering tools:
• Software requirements and architectural skills with functional decomposition, subsystem interface definition, technology application, and analysis.
• Strong writing skills necessary to produce documentation required for security certification evaluation.
• Experience with embedded hardware and real time hardware systems.
• Experience with Eclipse, Jira, and Jama.
• Experience with Ada, C, Java or other high-order languages in an embedded application environment and experience with hardware centric products.
• Experience with Python test scripting
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website