BAE Systems Huntsville, AL:
Brand new location, Brand new Facility.
Ever wish you could be part of something that was being developed from the ground floor up?
BAE Systems Huntsville is looking for local Quality Engineer to raise this from the inside out.
Come be part of not only the solution, but also the process (It only happens once)
The Quality and Performance Assurance (QPA) Program Quality Engineer (PQE) is responsible for the effective execution of the program while driving compliance to the Quality Management System as well as Life Cycle Management. The role includes monitor and control of quality assurance and Life Cycle Management with a strong focus on Compliance as well as Continuous Improvement which will require effective deployment of resources across the business area assuring functional alignment across the Business Area.
In this position you will be partnered and work closely with Program Leadership and supporting organizations in order to drive the health and compliance of the program. While reporting to QPA you will work closely with QPA Leadership, Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance and Contracts in assuring compliance to business process as well as contractual requirements. A thorough understanding of quality management and project management in a Development Program Environment is required and integral to driving continuous improvement; value added solutions, achieving near term solutions, as well as being predictive in identifying early warning prior to situations degrading.
Primary duties include:
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure alignment with policy, strategic objectives and organizational goals.
- Collaborates with program management for planning, execution, and management of business policies and procedure.
- Approves project management plans and responsible for effective quality planning on projects. Primary interface to customer base as it relates to Quality.
- Responsible for the Quality of end item deliverables including Quality CDRLs as well as outgoing Quality Product.
- Assures compliance to Quality Management Systems, Lifecycle Management and AS9100C requirements.
- Lead effort to drive pro-active quality into the design by helping to define Key Product and Process Characteristics and utilizing AS9145 early in the development process.
- Leads integrated teams to determine effect strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions within the program and organization.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in a technical area and 8 + years of related as well as experienced as a Program Quality Engineer or Program Quality Manager.
- Experience working in a fast paced development program environment.
- Experience working on a borderless program.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Strong leadership, organization and communication skills.
- Experience with AS9145 or APQP a huge plus.
- Individual will need to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and business.
- Six Sigma Green belt/Black belt
- Advanced Technical Degree.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website