Value Stream Manager for two or more Highly Empowered Work Teams (HEWTs) in the factory of assigned responsibility. Develops and implements project plans and schedules, ensures product costs are understood across the value stream and are achieved, and implements process improvements through the development and execution of a comprehensive improvement plan. Responsible for all cost, schedule, safety and quality issues related to their assigned value stream ensuring delivered products meet specified standards.
“Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status”
Required Skills and Education
- Understands and ensures product costs are achieved within the value stream. Possesses an unrelenting desire to identify and implement cost take out activities.
- Ensures key business metrics are achieved within the factory and drives corrective action when product costs are above targets. Provides support to the factory manager to ensure the FSA, Utilization, and Indirect Expense targets are achieved. Identifies and resolves performance problems within the value stream..
- Provide leadership to the HEWT personnel by coaching and developing team members as the HEWT philosophy is implemented. Assure the HEWT members have the necessary training and the training matrices are updated..
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork among personnel throughout and across the value stream. Provides leadership consistent with the Mission and Guiding Principles.
- Serve as the focal point to communicate and resolve issues within their value stream and between other factories. Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary to ensure commitments are achieved. Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Provide a single point of contact between Manufacturing and Operations personnel for providing status and resolving problems within the value stream. Presents Operations status to customers, Program Management, and/or Operations Management as required.
- Assess the effectiveness of implemented lean improvements and follow up to identify new areas for continuous improvement.
- Identifies errors and initiates corrective action and monitors the quality date to ensure the effectiveness of the corrective action. Supports corrective action reviews and participates in identifying root causes and corrective actions within the value stream.
- Provides inputs to the Factory Manager for performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State, and Local applicable standards.
Preferred Skills and Education
Six sigma green/black belt certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website