You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
The Metrology Calibration Technician tests, repairs and calibrates a variety of moderately complex standard and special purpose precision instruments or EDP equipment. Performs partial calibration and repair of more complex equipment, instruments, etc., and ensures conformance to established standards.
1. Selects, sets-up, operates and repairs, as required, a variety of EDP equipment or moderately complex test and calibration equipment by working from schematics, sketches, calibration procedures, specifications, engineering test requirements, instruction books, National Bureau of Standards specifications, manufacturer's technical instructions, etc.
2. Troubleshoots, calibrates, reconditions, repairs and modifies primarily electronic equipment which may involve routine mechanical and optical techniques.
3. Tests and measures equipment for conformance with accepted standards of quality and performance.
4. Performs a variety of moderately complex calibration and test functions using audio oscillators, digital voltmeters, microwave receivers, etc.
5. Services all meters, oscilloscopes and other standard equipment and performs partial servicing of more sophisticated instruments and equipment.
6. Aligns and calibrates all routine equipment and performs partial calibration of more complex equipment to ensure compliance with required specifications.
7. Repairs and replaces defective or malfunctioning parts, wires, etc. and selects proper replacement parts from Parts Catalogs, Manufacturer's Manuals, Repair Parts Lists, etc. Installs new components and rewires circuits where warranted.
8. Maintains calibration and maintenance history records on test standards and equipment.
9. Prepares and/or operates complex programs for automatic and semiautomatic calibrations or EDP equipment with the aid of programmable test instrumentation.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
Requires an Associate's Degree in Metrology, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent or a certificate in precision measuring equipment plus two (2) years of directly related Calibration/Metrology experience.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website