BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Principal Quality Engineer who would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace & defense enterprise as part of the Survivability, Targeting and Sensor Solutions (STS) Quality team and on a growing program platform. This position will be located at the newly constricted BAE Systems facility in Huntsville, AL. The Principal Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring seamless transition of projects from NH and TX facilities to Huntsville to assure that the product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. This will include the entire program life cycle (Proposal, Design, Production, Services, and Sustainment), and will lead the Product Stream for the Common Missile Warning System (CMWS) as well as support other projects.
This individual needs to have solid communications skills as well as having the ability to engage across all levels of the organization in building effective relationships.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Hardware and Software Quality experience in commercial, automotive, or aerospace & defense hardware and software technology.
- Strong Collaborative skills both within and external to the Quality Function
- Able to read and comprehend drawings, specifications and contract requirements.
- Ability to drive successful completion of Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Self-motivated and able to manage daily priorities with minimal oversight and direction
- Ability to travel the first 3-6 months
Preferred Skills and Education
- ASQ Certification: CQE/CQA
- Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
- Experience with AS9100, PPV/AS9102 FAI, and AS9145/PPAP
- Experience with a Quality Improvement Program (Zero Defect, Lean Six Sigma, Operational Excellence, etc..)
- Ability to devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Perform and Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Ability to effectively teach/communicate quality principles and program requirements to non-quality personnel
- Ability to create and manipulate Pivot tables and analyze data
- Secret Clearance or ability to attain
- Experience using TipQA or other Quality Databases
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Software Quality Assurance and Test Stand Certification
- Familiarity with Metrology standards
- Experience with CMMI Software Quality Assurance Requirements
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website