See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
We are seeking talented, experienced Software Architects to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
The selected candidate will define and implement advanced architectures for real-time embedded processor, avionics, and command and control systems. Embedded processing efforts use diverse computational elements including ASICs, FPGAs, GPUs, and microprocessors to address challenging sensor signal processing, communications, electronic warfare, and artificial intelligence applications.
This position is customer facing and will provide communication and guidance to both Program Management and the Software Discipline.
As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
· Duties include the development of complex software architecture and designs on projects. · Collaboration with a cross-functional team under the guidance and mentorship of the Chief Engineer to demonstrate the solutions to both the project and customers. · Use existing processes and evolve processes to utilize the most effective new techniques as they become available, assuring the use of methodologies which minimize both design cost and product cost. · Provide, directly or indirectly, top level technical leadership for the assigned design discipline(s) including selection and exploitation of promising new technologies, long-term goals, etc. · Ensure effective communication among engineers, management and all other participants in the architecture and design process.
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret Level Clearrance or higher
- Must have experience architecting large software systems
- Requires extensive background in embedded software development in C and C++
- Software development experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with software and systems engineering processes, methodologies, and tools
- Previous experience in project leadership role or functional management
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and motivate technical teams
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Real-time embedded development
- Working knowledge of Radar and/or SIGINT systems and fundamentals
- Military systems or simulations
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Active Top Secret Level Clearance
- Multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website