BAE Systems is seeking to hire a Mid-Level Data Scientist to support counterterrorism intelligence integration on a multifaceted U.S. Government program. The ideal Mid-Level Data Scientist will be responsible for improving analyst workflow by developing tools and capabilities that enhance the ability to use and produce identity intelligence data.
The Mid-Level Data Scientist are responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and extracting data using IT techniques to support decision-making. This role works with customers to understand changing requirements and recommends solutions based on quantitative analysis. Responsibilities include working independently and collaboratively on a team to develop data models and solutions. This role compiles and reviews data, often disparate and inconsistent, to address complex intelligence issues or problems for the customers. This role requires constructing and performing complex statistical, mathematical, and data analysis independently or in partnership with other data scientists or analysts. This role provides recommendations for the development of tools and applications that improve process effectiveness and efficiency.
Required Skills and Education
- Degree : BA/BS or MA/MS in a technical field such as mathematics, engineering, or computer science (6 years of work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree)
- Experience supporting complex data science and analytic projects
- Experience/knowledge of computer science concepts including programming, statistics, data architecture, and data analytics
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative content analytics
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Detail-oriented with a proficiency for researching, analyzing, and prioritizing intelligence reports and cables
- Ability to work with IC tools and databases
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, and written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to accurately follow SOPs
- Ability to work shift work/extended hours
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in modern machine learning, AI, biometrics, social network analysis, or geospatial analysis
- Experience/knowledge of link analysis tools (e.g. Palantir, i2 Analyst's Notebook)
- Experience with cloud architectures including AWS
- Experience with distributed computing and storage technologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website