BAE Systems, Inc is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, Prototype Operations Division (SMC/DCIO) through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. BAE Systems is teamed with SMC/DCIO to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research & development and demonstration missions.
- Managing the organization's server, desktop, and mobile equipment communication networks.
- Ensure that space mission and data storage networks function properly.
- Ensure that operator workstations are functioning efficiently and stay connected to the central network.
- Assist network architects and cybersecurity engineers in designing and analyzing network models.
- Participate in decisions about future hardware and software upgrades to the organization's networks.
Required Skills and Education
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain/maintain Top Secret/SCI.
- Bachelor of Science degree with 5 years of systems administration/network administration experience. Additional years and depth of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Virtualization experience (VMware).
- Experience and certification with Windows Server and Linux operating systems servers.
- CCNA Security/Security+ ce certification (DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Software/mission IT systems formal testing/test tools experience
- Formal software qualification process knowledge
- Windows and Linux system administration
- Agile development concept knowledge
- Experience in network STIG implementation
- Red Hat system administration experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website