The BAE Team is looking for a process-driven individual familiar with ITIL and project management methodologies to take on the roles and responsibilities and the program's Service Transition Manager. As the Service Transition Manager the candidate will be expected to maintain the following roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain and integrate plans for specific service transitions by working with the new/modified service project manager and ensure that the Service Delivery team is aware of the expectations and the impact to time, quality, and cost.
- Maintain and monitor progress for service transition changes, issues, risks and deviations; including tracking progress on actions and mitigation of risks.
- Plan and manage service changes efficiently and effectively
- Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services
- Ensure that service changes create the expected business value
- Provide good-quality knowledge and information about services and service assets.
- Provide efficient repeatable mechanisms for building, testing and deploying services and releases
- Ensure that as new, modified, or retired services or service enhancements are made that the program's service catalogue is updated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that services can be managed, operated and supported in accordance with constraints specified during the service design stage of the service lifecycle.
- Communicating with stakeholders to ensure that all parties are aware of forecasted and actively planned projects that support the creation of a new or modified service, or the removal of an existing service. Communications will include through teleconferencing, emails, virtual and on-site meetings, and through routine and ad-hoc presentations.
- Maintaining records and providing management information on resource use, project/service transition progress, budgeted and actual spend
- Budgeting and accounting for service transition activities and resources
- Acting as the prime interface for senior management for service transition planning and reporting
- Managing and coordinating requests for resources
- Coordinating service transition activities across projects, suppliers and service teams (working with project managers and other personnel as required)
- Ensuring that the final delivery of each service transition meets the agreed customer and stakeholder requirements specified in the service design package.
Required Skills and Education
- Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of IT Service Transition activities.
- Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of PMI Project Management methodologies
- (desired) Understanding of ITIL foundation
- Articulate and professional communication skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website