BAE Systems in Mechanicsburg, PA, has an immediate opening for an experienced Application Developer / Web Developer who will support Logistics programs for a Department of the Navy customer. Primary responsibility will include participation in building large scale web-based applications around logistics management systems for the US Navy submarine program. Duties will include ASP.NET using C# web application development and understanding of Database Objects creation. Additional duties include support for project planning and software engineering full life cycle management. The position is located in Mechanicsburg, PA. The candidate will be part of a programming team, supporting the Logistic Data System (LDS), and will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. The selected applicant must be able to obtain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Minimum education and years of related/relevant work experience required: Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical discipline and at least 4 years related/relevant work experience.
- Implement requirements as defined by customer with Microsoft web architecture
- Strong web development skills utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (C# required)
- Oracle RDBMS experience with object creation, data structures, packages and stored procedures. (Oracle PL/SQL)
- Evaluate complex interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part
- Must possess an understanding of Configuration Management
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Highly desired, but not required:
- Familiar with AGILE development practices.
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Working knowledge of TOAD for Oracle.
- Ability to construct and read UML diagrams.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle phases, including requirements, design, development, test, documentation and implementation.
- Knowledge of database structures such as understanding table relationships, stored procedures, packages and events. (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of Source Code Configuration Control.
- OpenXML APIs.
- Web application security and vulnerability analysis.
- Cybersecurity certification (for example, Security+)
- Experience with Entity Framework (version 4 or higher)
- ASP .NET Core
- Test Driven Design (TDD) / Unit testing
- Knowledge of Trident FBM program and Logistic Data System (LDS).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website