Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in Reston, Virginia. You will perform a variety of tasks related to producing and editing technical documents and technical procedure manuals. Your primary duty will be writing System Security Plans and associated content. You will also coordinate production and distribution schedules, timely distribution of replacement documents conduct quality checks, and attend customer meetings.
Required Skills and Education
- At least 10 years' experience writing technical documentation including security documentation such as a System Security Plan, Control Implementation Summary, Incident Response Plan, or Continuity Plan
- Has strong editorial and proofreading skills
- Has solid communication skills
- Has experience in documentation/word processing systems
- Has the ability to perform documentation coordination and production activities with specific attention to detail and accuracy
Preferred Skills and Education
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to coordinate with all staff levels and across all departments to produce timely, high quality documentation
- Has flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website