You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At BAE Systems Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is currently seeking a Technical Director to set the technology vision for our growing Analytics Systems portfolio. We are a leader in the development of multi-INT processing, exploitation, and dissemination capabilities for Tactical and Strategic applications. Our business is expanding to address the need for real-time automated ISR analytics to accelerate our customer's decision cycles. We are building on key programs and machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies to provide discriminating capabilities for our customers.
This business is part of our growing Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems Business Area. C4ISR Systems is developing innovative capabilities across the C4ISR mission domain for Advanced Analytics, Adaptive Electronic Warfare / Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) /Cyber, Combat identification, Imagery Sensing and Exploitation, Space Security, and Undersea Warfare. We are a pathfinder in our defense and intelligence markets, focused on delivering disruptive technology to give our customers the edge they need.
The Technical Director leads a team to develop a product and technology roadmap across the portfolio. The selected candidate is a Subject Matter Expert in this domain and will manage a portfolio of internal and contracted research and development efforts to provide us with discriminators in this market. The position is based in San Diego, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engaging with customers to understand their future mission needs and identifying technology discriminators that meet them
- Collaborating with the Product Line Director, Business Development, and Engineering to develop and drive the technology strategy that grows the Product Line
- Driving synergy and alignment across our business and externally to leverage emerging technology for growth
- Providing technical leadership to key capture campaigns and R&D programs
- Managing the Internal Research and Development portfolio for the Product Line to mature technology discriminators to meet the strategy
- Capturing relevant Intellectual Property (IP) for the business and manage the Mission Management IP portfolio
- Working with our technology solutions organization, FAST Labs, to pursue R&D priorities and facilitate technology transitions to the Product Line
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires TOP SECRET/SCI Security Clearance with Poly Eligible
- Minimum 15 years of technical leadership experience and mission/domain knowledge of emerging C4ISR systems and capabilities relevant to the business
- Bachelors Degree, Advanced Degree Preferred
- Experience with new business acquisition including competitive proposals
- Recognized mission/technical expert in DoD and Intelligence Community Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination
- Experience with Advanced Analytics technologies, including how emerging Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence can be leveraged to achieve Analytics goals
- Minimum 8 years of collaboration and the ability to achieve goals and produce outcomes through influencing skills
- Ability to form a vision and implement action plans to achieve that vision
- Proven ability to share and transfer technology across organizational boundaries to the benefit of our customers and the business
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website