BAE Systems is currently recruiting for an Aircraft Mechanical Technician in Crestview, Florida.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Plans and performs installation and test of mechanical modifications to, and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical and structural components for, complex systems.
Read and interpret mechanical fabrication and installation drawings.
Perform installation and troubleshooting of various mechanical systems on to various military and FAA fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Perform mechanical sub-assembly fabrication. Ability to use basic hand tools and sheet metal modification tools.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Inspects, tests, adjusts and certifies moderately complex assemblies, subassemblies, parts and systems for compliance with specifications and quality assurance practices following blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools and precision testing equipment.
2. Performs repairs by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying components using hand and power tools.
3. Reviews customer specifications, design changes and related data to determine logistic needs of projects.
4. Reviews, fabricates, installs, and repairs aircraft structures for aircraft modification..
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High School Diploma or GED & 4 year(s) related experience
Must have aircraft structural, mechanical, and sheet-metal fabrication experience.
Must be skilled in the use of hand tools, air tools, rivet tools, and sheet-metal and some machine tools (such as shears, breaks, notchers, saws, milling machines, lathes, etc., as well as measuring tools, test instruments, and painting equipment.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
DoD aircraft experience preferred.
C-130-J Aircraft General and Engine Experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website