You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics – whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In this position you will provide leadership and management oversight of Military Control and Avionics project teams assuring the project's financials, schedule and technical objectives are met and that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
The basic functions of the job include:
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned development or production programs including execution (cost, schedule, technical performance, quality, inventory management, and customer engagement) and ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project.
- Acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program office, suppliers, and key customer stakeholders.
- Responsible and accountable to the Business Segment Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Makes decisions that are cost effective to the company and ensures assigned projects meet financial commitments for orders, sales, profit and cash flow.
- Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies, product roadmaps and captures including development of strategic and financial plans. Leads the development and delivery of new business captures and proposals.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated experience leading and inspiring diverse teams in a high tempo environment
- Successful, proven past performance in leading and managing multi-discipline avionics project teams
- Experience in managing complex avionics development projects and/or Integrated Product Teams
- Experience interacting with and managing programs for Aerospace Primes and/or Department of Defense
- Expertise in project management
- Very strong presentation and organizational skills
- Highly adaptable with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- New Business Capture Lead experience / Proposal manager experience
- Experience in the military rotary and/or fixed wing technology and markets
Preferred Skills and Education
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master's degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation
- Detailed knowledge of the defense aerospace market
- Knowledge of Manned / Unmanned Teaming technology and market
- Strong business acumen
- Current secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website