Come join us this position may be eligible for a sign on bonus.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR:In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Operations: Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
Performs complex assembly or modification tasks on electronic and mechanical components, subassemblies and systems.
Job Title: CNC Programmer Department: Fabrication Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Overview: Program and run production machinery including CNC Strippit and 30-30 Strippit Punch Press Machine. Support production schedule within the fabrication department to meet production requirements.
Minimum Background, Experience, and Requirements:
- high school diploma or equivalent
- previous background of 3-5 years programming experience on CNC machinery
- experience with sheet metal fabrication
- strong desire to learn on the job
- strong organizational, planning and analytical skills
- must be able to organize work to meet deadlines
- reliable attendance, good work ethic, high integrity, must be able to pass background investigation and drug test
- clean, presentable and professional appearance
- 3D CAD/Fixture design experience is a plus
- basic Math skills
- operate production machinery, run CNC and other machinery to hit production targets
- maximize production output with a high emphasis on quality
- aid in the monitoring of the preventive maintenance schedule of the CNC machines
- interface with production lead & planner to ensure that machine work load is balanced to ensure maximum utilization
- must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- work activities include working near to active machinery
- ability to stand for extended periods of time
- ability to lift, carry, push or pull weights up to 50 pounds
Additional Tasks/Skills Needed
Must be able to work from:
- fabrication requests/inbound work orders
- nonconformance reports
- able to read and interpret mechanical schematics
- may create tooling aid and fixtures for ease of assembly
- additional instructions and tasks as provided by the shop leader
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website