The selected applicant will provide technical support of Communications-Electronics (C-E) equipment, systems, subsystems, and ancillaries in fixed/mobile communications facilities/platforms for the Department of Defense (DoD), US Special Operations Forces (SOF), and other government agencies as directed. Technical support services may include evaluation, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, integration, modification, and training of C5ISR systems and equipment. Travel to various US locations will be required, and periodic short-term (<30 days) travel to OCONUS locations may be required.
The hourly rate for this position is set by the Dept of Labor and is not negotiable. Current rate is $25.70.
This position is based in Chesapeake, VA and there is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake or surrounding areas.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School diploma and at least six years of related experience
- US military Electronics Technician training/experience
- Communications electronics test equipment experience
- Ability to travel to CONUS locations at all times
- Ability to travel to OCONUS locations (<30 days) as requested
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Active security clearance and ability to maintain
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with US Special Operations Forces
- Tactical or Shipboard radio (SATCOM, LOS, and HF) operations/maintenance experience
- COMSEC equipment operations/maintenance experience
- Audio-Video/Video Teleconference (AV/VTC) operations/maintenance experience
- Link 16 experience
- VOIP and IP networking experience
- ECMS experience
- Component level repair and soldering experience
- Military leadership training
- Valid US tourist passport
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website