Join a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, commercial and international customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world's largest Aerospace, Defense and Security companies, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
Responsible for the overall leadership, development and execution of the contracts management function for the Space Systems (S2) product line of C4ISR Systems, a business area within BAE Systems Electronic Systems sector. The position includes providing inspirational leadership to a geographically dispersed team of contracting professionals at all career levels, as well as serving as the product line's chief negotiator and contributing to the strategic and operational management of the organization. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead a geographically dispersed team of contracts managers, administrators and support staff at multiple sites (Manassas, VA, Hudson NH, Merrimack NH) and implement strategies to further enhance employee communication and morale.
- Oversee the recruitment, retention, training and development of a highly skilled contracts workforce made up of knowledgeable business professionals and support staff. Continuously reevaluate and modify staffing plans as required to support the evolving and competing demands and growth commitments of the S2 product line.
- Provide direction to team members to address and influence major contractual and business issues encountered in the execution of contracts of all types and programs of all complexity. Train, motivate and assist team members to practice effective scope control strategies to enable early identification of constructive changes that may provide BAE Systems opportunities for equitable adjustments.
- Protect and leverage the company's intellectual property as a competitive discriminator during both the capture and execution phases of a program, in accordance with all applicable federal acquisition regulations, while also exercising commercial optimization strategies, in concert with BAE Systems internal policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to develop overarching negotiation strategies and objectives, and takes action necessary to resolve any impasses between BAE Systems and its customers.
- Ensure that the needs of all internal and external customers are met, and that the goals and objectives of the company, business area and product line are fully supported and achieved.
- Interface with sector, business area and product line leadership, as well as other key personnel and stakeholders to shape strategy, discuss contractual issues, provide early identification of risks and potential liabilities, as well as recommend alternative courses of action when appropriate.
- Meet with senior representatives of S2's customers to represent the company's interests and to fully understand customer views on various contractual, business or program issues, while ensuring that the customer's requirements in the contract are met.
- Create an organizational understanding with respect to all relevant federal acquisition regulations, as well as all pertinent company policies and procedures, to ensure compliance.
- Direct and manage the professional development of all team members to improve current and future individual and overall team job performance, proactively manage future career growth opportunities and succession planning, and to maintain a highly talented and motivated contracts workforce to achieve the company's strategic objectives.
- Develop solutions to complex contracting and business issues, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization strategic and operational objectives.
- Undertake special assignments as required and perform others duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies
This opportunity is available for either Manassas, VA or Hudson, NH
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance
- Successful business negotiator with experience engaging at high organizational levels or with persons of influence, both internally and externally.
- Skilled communicator with an executive presence, able to influence and shape favorable business outcomes.
- Extensive experience with FAR and DFAR, as well as commercial contracting strategies.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with intellectual property protection strategies and policies.
- Experience with a wide range of agreements to support business development, program management and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, teaming agreements. distributor agreements and/or reseller agreements).
- Experience dealing with the US Government and major industry defense & electronics companies, as your customer.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website