Join a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, and FMS international customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
Daily responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Management of personnel, their workloads and their development plans for future growth.
- Consistently work on and provide guidance on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze, develop recommended strategies and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts across domestic environments.
- Provide guidance to Programs, Engineering Product Development teams on government and commercial contracting methods for military equipment while protecting our Intellectual Property rights.
- Cross functional collaboration with Program Management, Product Development, Finance, Operations and Export teams.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong hands-on knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFAR and export regulations.
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property and policies.
- Independently lead and manage proposal activities including, analysis of solicitations, developing strategies and recommendations, preparing terms and conditions, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency and conducting business risk assessment. Leads and supports fact-finding and other audit activities.
- Proven ability to lead and close complex negotiations requiring Current Cost or Pricing Data and TINA certification.
- Experience with agreements to support business development, program management and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or reseller agreements).
- Experience of dealing with the US Government and major industry defense & electronics companies, as your customer.
- Strong written and verbal skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Offsets
- Experience with FMS Customers
- Management/supervisory experience leading a small team of direct reports.
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience briefing senior level management
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website