BAE Systems has an immediate need for a Geospatial Analyst to support counterterrorism efforts. The selected candidate will provide full spectrum GEOINT analysis and employ Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) methods to combat terrorism and thwart terrorist attacks.
The selected candidate will serve on a team of intelligence professionals aimed to illuminate key networks, locations, and personalities to disrupt and thwart terrorism. The responsibilities of the position include reading and understanding intelligence issues, military affairs, data collection from diverse sources, spatial analysis, and the ability to use GIS to develop intelligence reports and products to solve key intelligence questions. The chosen candidate will be capable of working in a team environment both independently and collaboratively to deliver actionable intelligence products.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
3-10 Years of Geospatial Analysis experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding of and experience using the following:
- ESRI ArcGIS.
- Imagery Exploitation Software (SOCET GXP, RemoteView) and working knowledge of Cedalion.
- Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
- Network analysis, data management, versioned editing.
- General all-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree in GIS related field.
- Understanding of Python, VBA program languages and scripting.
- Understanding of Activity Based Intelligence.
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using ArcObjects or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website