As a cybersecurity engineer, you will be provide leadership and engineering solutions to fulfill mission requirements using sound, proven, industry best practices and in accordance with cybersecurity architectural standards and engineering methodology. You will analyze and resolve complex issues related to cloud cybersecurity infrastructure components such as infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and software as a service. Additional responsibilities include ensuring secure cloud storage management, backup, virtualization, monitoring and management tools, business continuity, high availability solutions, supporting hardware and related applications. Analyzes, coordinates, and implements cybersecurity projects. Monitors system performance and capacity, and provides periodic system status reports to department management. Analyzes reports to identify trends and opportunities for process and technology enhancements. Provides cost and trend analysis and resolutions to critical cybersecurity problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Work with a team of engineers on the strategic planning on AWS cloud cybersecurity design and deployment requirements.
- Review/create AWS cloud functional design specifications and implementation plans for cybersecurity compliance and readiness.
- Design, build, maintain, document, and automate cybersecurity processes and operations using AWS cloud services.
- Manage live production and dev environments, ensuring system confidentiality, availability and integrity.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot errors/debug.
- Implement and maintain end to end cloud security program for AWS infrastructure.
- Recommend cloud cybersecurity technologies and tools that are most appropriate.
- Leverage and recommend best practices that will sustain and allow scalability.
- Ensure that the technical solution delivers the business value.
- Confirm secure deployment of applications and infrastructure as part of the application development process.
- Improve automated secure cloud configuration, deployments, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Work with other teams to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment or debugging.
- Implementing cybersecurity within accepted government-mandated architectural frameworks (DoDAF, PAG, FEAF, etc.)
- Working knowledge of system hardening (STIGs, SRGs, regulatory compliance)
- Hands-on A&A experience
- Working knowledge of architectural frameworks
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field
- 10 years cybersecurity engineering experience, including 3 years of cloud cybersecurity
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity implementation within the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Senior level cybersecurity system administrator
- Working knowledge of common security devices and practices (HBSS, ACAS, SCCM, etc.).
- DEVOPS experience
- Ten years of systems engineering experience focusing on securing infrastructure (firewalls, load balancer, AD, DNS, etc.)
- Three years' experience with securing cloud infrastructure technologies (FedRAMP, ICD 503, CUI, etc.)
- Five years' experience performing all aspects of cybersecurity assessment and authorization (document preparation, creating and collecting artifacts, creating processes and workflows, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience in a 24/7 Cybersecurity Operations Centers (CSOCs) (creating/validating standard operating procedures (SOPs), incident response, disaster recovery
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud cybersecurity architectures and designs
- Active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website