Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a Data Ops Engineer to join a mission critical program within the intelligence community. This role is responsible for enhancing complex and diverse software systems.
In This Role You Will:
- Be responsible for creating, sustaining, and troubleshooting complex operational data flows including data storage, data transport, data management, data security, data compliance, and knowledge store management.
- Work with the mission customer to perform exploratory data analysis on raw data to clean, enrich, transform and convert the raw data into the required format.
- Devise methods to improve existing operational data flow processing, distribution, and reliability.
- Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
- Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting complex data flows
- Experience using Apache NiFi to process and distribute data
- Experience with Corporate data flow processes and tools
- Experience with Corporate data security and compliance procedures and policies
- Experience with IaC principles and automation tools such as Ansible (Puppet and SaltStack acceptable)
- TS/SCI clearance with poly
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- General HPC technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage components
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch/Kibana)
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with time-series visualization tools such as Grafana
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website