The Intelligence Solutions business unit is seeking a Director, Business Development for the Intelligence Community market. The position will be primarily located in Washington Metro Area (Ft. Meade, MD; McLean, Virginia) and report directly to the Vice President of Business Winning for Intelligence Solutions. The primary objective of this position is to develop our signals intelligence and cyber security pipeline. This successful candidate will need to bring existing customer relationships, industry insight, and expertise related to Federal Government business development. Developing strong internal business relationships with key decision makers across BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector, as well as identify and qualify business opportunities, and positioning BAE Systems for bidding are central to the role.
Specific activities include:
- Builds, matures and executes comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards
- Identifies and qualifies a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with Intelligence Solutions business objectives
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements that strategically position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader
- Develops and maintains strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets
- Teams with Business Area leadership to provide counsel and recommendations for the bid/no bid gate reviews and collaborates with the PDC & Capture for smooth turnover to proposal development.
- Conducts competitive analysis
- Develops effective win strategies which include identifying and qualifying new opportunities
- Maintains a pipeline of qualified opportunities in excess of $500M
This position is located in Ft. Meade with frequent travel to McLean, Virginia and other locations as necessary.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Business Development experience.
- Strong understanding of the intelligence community with relevant organizational relationships
- Prior experience directly supporting the NSA, in addition to possessing existing customer relationships, is strongly desired
- Ability to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
- Track record of success in leading and winning contracts >$50MAbility to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within defense and intelligence community
- Experience leading opportunity captures, including: developing overall win strategy; shaping deals with customers; developing teaming strategies, identifying and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and assist in developing winning price
- Demonstrated background in solution selling, developing new markets, with proven leadership from inception to fruition of a strategic campaign.
- Direct and support new business development opportunities to improve the company's business portfolio to include marketing and customer call plans
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website