Leads a staff of Subcontracts professionals insuring that the product line's subcontract's requirements are effectively and efficiently met. Manages a team of various experience levels in subcontract management/administration, subcontract negotiations and proposal preparation. Develops and maintains professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers. Is responsible for procurement compliance and Cost/Price Analysis and the review/signing of Proprietary Information Agreements. Drives all Supplier Partnerships Subcontract's initiatives with the product line's supply base.
Must be an excellent negotiator, capable of negotiating price, scope, Terms & Conditions and Prime Contract flow downs. Will also be responsible to review and approve complex basis of estimates for Prime Contract proposals and ensure compliance with TINA Certified Cost or Pricing Data.
Facilitates the development and validation of subcontract specifications, work statements, Subcontract Management Plans and Terms and Conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly specialized nature which may require alterations and lead activities of subcontract administration teams on assigned programs required for the sourcing of complex (i.e., engineering development) programs for material, software, and services. Work with the subcontracts team to prepare/review proposals, develop evaluation criteria, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, write subcontract packages for review, prepare awards and administer resulting subcontracts and negotiate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts and resolve invoice issues. Assist in planning, developing, and executing corporate training and organizational development plan for Subcontracts personnel.
The prospective Director, Subcontracts must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Identify/assess Risks & Opportunities throughout the duration of the program.
- Ability to work with Programs to institute risk mitigation plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management/organization skills.
- Ability to develop and implement organizational changes as required to meet an ever dynamic changing environment.
- Ability to work closely with Contracts, Finance, Project Managers, Product Line and Business Area leaders and various Compliance Teams (proposal compliance and procurement compliance).
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Leadership experience successfully managing Subcontracts or Procurement teams.
- Exceptional skill in supplier management and relationship building.
- Knowledge of the FAR and DFARS.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major complex subcontracts.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Conduct effective meetings with personnel and facilitate meetings with subcontractors and BAE Systems managers.
- Work closely with Operations Proposal Group to develop subcontractor strategies including packaging work and negotiating to support the price to win.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 15 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Relationship management (develop, cultivate and maintain)
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification; familiarity with AS9145
- Cost Analysis experience
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Experience and familiarity with Sustainment operations and Performance Based Logistics contracts
- Professional supply chain certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Secret clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website