BAE Systems is currently searching for a mid-level engineer with current or relevant experience working on airborne imaging sensor systems for a development program, more specifically, in the maritime environment domain.
Interested candidates must demonstrate familiarity with system integration, test and evaluation methodologies, and the ability to communicate moderate to complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. The candidate will be expected to apply knowledge of and experience with requirements definition and test engineering principles, as well as have the ability to develop system level test plans and procedures, develop and analyze system/subsystem designs, and evaluate technical reports. Typical engineering tasks include the following:
•Support technical management of requirements, specification compliance, verification activities, change management, configuration audits, and non-compliant material assessments.
•Support development of component level performance specifications by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS database tool, and perform requirements traceability.
•Support documenting concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
•Work with Integrated Product Teams to understand and document requirements compliance. Provide verification planning of designs, and assessment of verification results for design changes.
•Supporting development of data collection and analysis strategies and associated tools.
•Participate in field and in-house data collection and analyses, which may include operation, installation, and maintenance of flight systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical engineering or other related science at least two (2) years related work experience
• Experience in requirements development, analysis, and tracking
• Experience in test procedure development
• Experience in research, problem solving, and analytical analysis
• A team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
• Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
• Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, Matlab/Simulink, LabView, IBM Rational DOORS, and MagicDraw.
• Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and experience working within a PLM Tool
• Understanding of basic engineering principles and experience with Interface Control/Design Drawings
• Ability and willingness to travel, and perform field work.
• Security clearance requirement: Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required)
Preferred Skills and Education
• Master's degree in applicable field of engineering or science
• MBSE experience
• Familiarity with configuration management tools (e.g. PDM, Agile, etc.)
• Knowledge of EMI/EMC and MIL-STD testing
• Knowledge of Simulation Modeling and Analysis
• Knowledge of Reliability Calculations (e.g. – FMEA) and Electrical Fault Isolation
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website