Come see what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The BAE Systems Multiband Communications and Crypto (MCC) Systems product line is a provider of secure and reliable voice and data communications. Our software-defined radios employ state-of-the-art electronic counter-countermeasures (ECCM), along with utilizing the latest embedded encryption engine and voice compression techniques. As part of the C4ISR business unit within the Electronics Systems (ES) sector of BAE Systems, MCC expands the modular, open architecture communication systems capabilities of the company. Currently, we are looking for motivated and talented embedded software development engineers to help with the continued success of our products by engaging in the design, development and integration of the next generation waveforms into open system architectures.
As a Senior Software Engineer, typical job functions include:
- Participating on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams to plan, design, develop, test, integrate and provide field support for real-time embedded software products for software-defined communication systems and their associated diagnostic, analysis, and support application software.
- Applying expertise to develop solutions to complex problems without significant direction.
- Demonstrating some knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Exercising latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Interacting with internal and external customers and personnel on technical matters.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field.
- 4+ years of work related experience spanning software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Software development experience with C, C++, or related languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment.
- This position requires candidates to be able to work on-site in closed areas in the Fort Wayne, IN facility.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Current US Security clearance of SECRET or above.
- Knowledgeable in Communication Systems or similar domain.
- Understanding of peripheral communication busses such as I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.
- Competent in interfacing with FPGAs and other memory-mapped devices.
- Proficient with the use of Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, etc
- Experience with RTOS board-support packages (BSPs), kernels, and drivers
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website