Come see what you're missing! Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems FAST Labs RF, Electronics, Cyber (R3) product line is growing rapidly. Ranging from compound semiconductor technologies through development and demonstration of advanced electronic warfare capabilities, R3 has established itself as a market leader in the development of cutting-edge technologies. With this growth, we are seeking technology leaders to help drive R3 to an expanded future state. This specific requisition seeks to fill our opening in R3 Advanced Electronics leadership.
R3 Advanced Electronics is charted with innovating across analog/RF and digital hardware, leveraging state-of-the-art processes and design techniques to meet the challenges faced in electronic warfare, communications and multi-function RF systems. AE architects revolutionary, disruptive hardware. AE creates an electronics strategy defends against disruption from rapid advancements in the electronics space as well as create the building blocks for large technological disruption.
A Technical Area Lead is responsible for the portfolio of programs in each constituent area. This management includes:
- Development of the portfolio strategy, with a R&D strategy to achieve double-digit compound annual growth
- Management of Technology Group Leads, each their own technology development manager within the portfolio
- Executing the portfolio of programs with a multi-disciplinary cross-functional team
- Aligning external customer goals with internal business expectations for successful delivery of business salient
This position reports directly to the R3 Product Line Director and can be can be based out of our Burlington, MA; Merrimack, NH; or Nashua, NH facilities, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hold an active DoD TOP SECRET clearance
- Experience in leading teams to solve complex technical problems
- Experience in new business capture, such as proposal writing; preferred if experience leading proposal efforts
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks, and exceptional oral and written skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting technical research to large audiences
Understanding of existing BAE Systems electronics markets and customer
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience and demonstrated success in capture of DoD R&D opportunities.
- Experience executing and supervising the execution of R&D internal and external activities.
- Practical understanding of product development and the DoD product development lifecycle.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within business areas and customer community.
- Proven ability to lead a diverse, and complex organization across multiple sites.
- Ability to define, develop and maintain critical skills in support of the business.
- Highly experienced in facilitation and cross-organization communications.
- Experience with resource planning, staff development and management reporting.
- Exceptional ability to allocate and assign resources to technical tasks and manage the resources toward efficient utilization.
- Proven performance in management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and decision-making abilities.
- Experienced in reviewing and approving Basis of Estimates and proposals including assessment of associated risks and opportunities.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website