This position is responsible for daily assigned duties that include but not limited to all outcomes of Government Property. This position will assist the Site Lead Lead with all areas of Government Property for the Weapons Systems Sector as well as assisting with other outcomes identified by site lead and/or management. It includes working on a daily basis with Program, Supply Chain and other personnel to ensure accurate recording, tagging and identification of Government Property, inventorying of tagged assets and the physical movement and handling of property for disposition while ensuring proper and accurate data elements are provided to site lead as required.
Primary duties and responsibilities are:
- Perform assigned duties under direction from Site lEad lead which can include but not limited to administrative and data entry verification of physical inventories, risk assessments and indicative data is accurate on official records.
- Ensure data entry integrity of records.
- Assist in problem resolution and reconciliation activities.
- Perform physical inventory functions.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting and warehousing of excess property.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely disposition of Government Property once received.
- Validate that assets are received and accounted for within the appropriate system ensuring accuracy of data.
- Assist with maintenance of auditable records of government-owned property located at the facility and associated vendor/subcontractor facilities or other alternate sites.
- Assist in developing internal and external reports pertaining to government property.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, contractual and FAR/DFARS requirements.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Minimum Education and Experience:
Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand for prolong periods, climb and maneuver as needed to accurately record information in a safe manner. Accurately record and communicate information and data to ensure proper record accountability of Government Property. Work unassisted in a warehouse environment. Must be a self-started and have the ability to work unsupervised at times.
Preferred Skills and Education
Knowledge of DCMA Etools a plus
Familiar with PCARSS a plus
Membership in National Property Management Association (NPMA) preferred
Professional certification through the National Property Management Association (CPPS) preferred
Experience in a Defense Contracting environment a plus
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website