Within the Electronics Systems Sector's Fort Wayne, Indiana site, this Human Resources Business Partner role interfaces with all levels of management, as well as exempt, nonexempt and hourly represented personnel. The position will support two locations. The primary location is in a state of the art aerospace manufacturing facility. The employee base is approximately 950 employees in the Ft. Wayne, IN location. The primary facility operates five shifts that cover a 24/7 schedule. The selected individual will primarily work on first shift and will be expected to flex their schedule as needed to support all shifts as necessary.
The role will have responsibility for a broad range of HR Business Partner activities including: employee and labor relations, counsel and advice to management, assist in roll out and delivery of HR Programs and initiatives, Diversity and Inclusion efforts, salary/merit planning and administration, employee training and organizational development, employee engagement, staff/resource planning and associated activity, as well as participate in efforts to enhance site culture and change management.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field
- Five or more years as an HR Generalist
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment to include:, maintaining a positive Company/Union relationship, resolving disputes and grievances and maintaining positive employee relations.
- Strong employee relations background including experience resolving performance and behavioral issues, federal and state employment concerns including EEO/AAP.
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Analyze, evaluate, develop, improve and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working within shared services HR delivery model.
- Project management capability.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft and other HRM type systems.
- MBA with a concentration in human resources management or related field.
- Certified by HRCI as PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM as SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website