We are hiring an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician in our Anniston, AL Location! Within this role, you will perform electrical maintenance work with demonstrated proficiency (skills, techniques, knowledge) required to install and maintain the electrical systems to provide power for machines, equipment, lighting and other electrical requirements in accordance with codes, regulations, and safety specifications. You will also perform other plant duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School degree, or GED equivalent.
- Completion of 2 years Trade School in related field, or 5 years equivalent training and experience or, completed the Apprenticeship Program.
- Requires electrical/electronic knowledge required to trouble shoot, diagnose, install, repair and rework complex equipment with a minimum of two years experience as an Electrician 9.
- Requires a minimum of two years of continuous service as an Electrician 9 and meets all the skills identified in the Electrician 10 Skills Matrix.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information to mechanics, machine operators and supervisors as well as lead and coordinate maintenance personnel assigned by supervision.
- Ability to work in team environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website