You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR:In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Wayne NJ, Manufacturing has a need for a first shift Production Supervisor.
This position has overall responsibility for manufacturing operation team(s) in a fast paced and dynamic environment and will manage a team of assemblers and inspectors.
The individual in this role ensures assembled hardware meets contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production. This individual will also need to ensure a safe work environment and will be actively engaged in safety improvement projects.
This role requires daily interaction with other cross-business teams to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing / test / design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using green belt/black belt and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
The position supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of hardware design, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Customer supplied Material logistics coordination
- Employee hiring and training
- Time and attendance tracking
- Area layout and flow management
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing / planning / scheduling / operations or similar environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team with difficult and demanding customer expectations
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean/six sigma implementation projects
- Previous experience supervising employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense/space industry
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Solid people management and interpersonal skills; uses good judgment to resolve conflict
- Ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Metrics driven and success oriented
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- Experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in managing labor, processes, and budgets
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website