BAE Systems Inc. is seeking an experienced mission focused program manager with a desire to lead an impactful project team on an exciting new program of national importance within the Intelligence Community. The program provides a variety of systems and services supporting the Analytic missions.
- As a Sr. Program Manager, you will lead all aspects of the program in providing exceptional systems and services to achieve program goals and drive customer and end-user satisfaction
- You will plan, allocate, track, and report on resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) for the program
- Your leadership will ensure the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract
- You will guide a geographically distributed multi-vendor team through all phases of the engineering lifecycle to meet mission imperatives
- You will be the primary point of contact with the Government Program Office and associated stakeholders and expected to provide outstanding support to, and collaboration with the GPMO
- This is an excellent opportunity to establish your leadership skills in a growing business area, and can offer exciting advancement opportunities and career mobility
- BAE Systems values employee growth and development, and offers training and development programs to help the candidate excel in this exciting role
- This role offers a generous benefits package
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree plus fifteen (15) years of experience, and/or Master's degree plus ten (10) years of experience in program management in Government Information Technology programs over $100M (total contract value).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with the Intelligence Community, and five (5) years with NGA.
- Five years' experience as a program manager managing successful Government IT acquisition programs
- Established leadership, management, and interpersonal communications skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct, and manage an agile software development team in support of a diverse group of Government customers.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting
- Demonstrated success in delivering functional code to the Government's satisfaction utilizing agile design and development techniques. As well as experience managing agile programs at the solution level and above.
- Demonstrated performance in delivering alpha and beta quality code to the Government in time frames less than one month, and production of quality code in three-month time frames.
- Knowledge of the SAFe methodology, SAFe Agilist or SAFe Government Practitioner certification preferred
- At least one (1) year of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of the guidelines provided by the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), DoD 5000 series, and ICD 801 policies
- Direct experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multivendor environment is required
Preferred Skills and Education
- Demonstrated ability to lead large programs and work collaboratively across multiple functional organizations and engineering disciplines.
- Maintain a PMP, FAC-P/PM Mid-Level, or DAWIA Level 2 certification in Program Management
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website