This Senior program management position supports the EPAWSS Program, specifically NRE and development content award as part of the LRIP phase of the program. This position will lead a cross functional team including Operations, Engineering, and Program Office support personnel responsible cost, schedule, and technical performance for assigned products and services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage projects to achieve cost, schedule, and technical requirements for assigned products
- Review and manage performance metrics participating programs
- Conduct, lead, or support weekly customer SDRL submittals / Program Management Meetings, monthly Program Performance Reviews at the product line and business area level, and bid reviews as required
- Participate in Risk and Opportunity management
- Provide support to Customer meetings and resulting actions.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Specific experience with DoD contracts is preferred
- Specific experience with externally reported programs preferred
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability within a matrix organization
- Superior communication and presentation skills are highly desirable. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, diverse customers and team members.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience in transition to production and/or non-recurring engineering programs preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website