BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Program Quality Engineer who would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace & defense enterprise as part of the Recognizance and Indicator Friend or Foe product lines. Quality Engineering is responsible for ensuring product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. This will include the entire program life cycle (Proposal, Design, Supply Chain, and Production).
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineering include:
• Appling statistical techniques, trend analysis and continuous improvement tools on product, process and program performance to provide early warning indicators for the initiation of preventative or corrective actions.
• Initiating, facilitating, managing, and validating the effectiveness of root cause analysis, corrective, and preventative actions utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills.
• Reviewing and analyzing project and customer requirements, and assisting project teams in tailoring and using company procedures, methods, templates and tools.
• Establishing verification and validation processes for the inspection and acceptance of hardware, software, and data deliverables.
• Supporting project risk and opportunities process.
• Supporting project tailoring, project plan/documentation development, and other activities to establish the project's execution processes.
• Supporting the creation and execution of an effective ISO 9001 internal audit strategy to verify the conformance of processes in accordance with the QMS.
• Supporting the maintenance and upkeep of all requisite ISO records, and revision of approved quality plans and procedures to meet changing requirements.
• Supporting the coordination and execution of monthly Corrective Action Boards (CABs) and Management Reviews.
• Creating presentation materials for upper management including reports to Customers and Government representatives.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree and 4-8 years of experience or 8-12 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experiencing solving complex problems using problem solving tools (ie. fishbone, 5 why, is-is not,8D, etc.)
- Experience with electronics or optics a plus
- Self organized
- Ability to work in a team or individual environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Internal auditing experience
- Problem solving as an individual or direct a team
- DFMEA/PFMEA AS9145 experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website