BAE Systems is looking for a Proposal Compliance Analyst that will report directly to the Proposal Operations Compliance Lead, an independent group within the Proposal Operations Organization. The organization is focused on the importance of independent compliance reviews. The team leads and is responsible for the validation, verification and feedback to proposal manager on compliance of all proposal volume deliverables for assigned opportunity bids. This person will add value to the proposal team through an independent process of verification and validation, which will ensure the response aligns with the RFP instructions (L), evaluation criteria (M) and PWS (C). This does not replace or substitute the proposal manager from conducting his or her own compliance reviews, but is aimed at providing an independent review for compliance. On an as needed basis, this role will also assist the proposal manager and independent teams with the initial review of the RFP, once the draft or final drops to include creating the outline. As time allows, this role will also provide surge support for analysis of lessons learned and independent feedback collection methods that feed this.
This role provides reinforced compliance diligence by:
- Assessment: Performing initial compliance review referencing all acquisition documents
- Development: Develop an independent outline checklist of RFP instructions and requirements. Parse the RFP in efforts to support the proposal manager or client teams to provide a baseline compliance matrix.
- Validating the outline follows the instructions, evaluation criteria and PWS or SOW. Drafting potential questions either applicable to the proposal manager and/or the customer pertaining to ambiguities in compliance.
- Verify: Review resumes, past performance, and entire technical approach to ensure qualifications, relevance, and technical solutions are fully compliant with customer requirements. Review Cost, Small Business and Contracts volumes for compliance and consistency across entire proposal offering. Review each section of the written proposal to ensure the topics map and the points of that section are covered in the content to include key client words.
- Page headers/footers layout are correct, and all references are properly cited at each applicable section level (at discretion of the proposal manager)
- Validate: References (written text, graphic titles, table titles) map to the content described in the sections
- Reporting: Provide review to Proposal Manager and team and note any non-compliant issues. Work with Proposal Manager to correct compliance issues and raise any areas of disagreement or areas of complexity to Vice President of Proposal Operations
- Review: Conduct rolling reviews on behalf of proposal managers to provide an independent assessment of the quality of the proposal. Participate as color team compliance reviewer as needed.
- Non-Strategic Proposals: Provide assistance from a compliance perspective to proposal teams that do not have dedicated PRO support to parse task order requirements, build compliance matrix, outline, and ultimately perform a reassessment of compliance to the developed content, and color teams.
- Surge Support: As time allows, augment the Business Winning Support function by providing analysis of lessons learned, strengths and weaknesses. Support the independent feedback collection process, and analysis of findings.
- Post Submission Support: Where applicable, provide support to Proposal Manager to address evaluation notices, clarifications and discrepancies.
- Gather and apply lessons learned from our proposal efforts working with Business Winning Support Team
- Assist in the development of artifacts for placement in the Blue Proposal and Lessons Learned repositories within I&S.
- Analyze all award documents and proposals reviewed by the government and determine where we have strengths and weaknesses and why they were evaluated that way.
- Over an extended period of time it is estimated the Proposal Compliance Analyst will spend their time as follows 65% on Compliance Audit as described above; 25% will augmenting Business Winning Support function, and 10% for post submission activities.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors Degree with 10+ years experience in a technical field as a Program Manager or Engineer
- 7+ years experience in federal government proposal development either in managing proposals or technical solution development
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Background in providing/developing IT services and solutions
- Experience managing large, diverse teams of technical staff
- Experience participating in color team reviews
- APMP accreditation
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website