The person filling this position will be performing Quality audits and inspections as part of the Quality at the Source (QAS) initiative. Some of the routine Quality tasks associated with this position include formal test witnessing, standard ISO compliance audits, Process/Route Card review/approval, clausing of requisitions as delegated by responsible Quality Engineer, including First Article Inspection activities, report generation, Physical Configuration Audit activities and report generation. Works under the general direction of program engineering personnel in a manufacturing/research/design/development environment. Reports to the Inspector Supervisor.
- Works from various documents in multiple formats/media (specification, drawings, process sheets, ECO's), written, and verbal instructions to evaluate initial program specific inspections, inspection of supplier materials, and or disposition of incoming inspection material, utilizing a full range of complex precision tools and inspection techniques.
- Define, document, communicate, and distribute to Inspectors any special program inspection requirements determined by MSPA engineers and the Inspector Supervisor. This includes training of, and communication with the program Inspectors.
- Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity. Included in this task is validating configuration of product for shipment, interfacing with customer on sell-off, and validating shipping paperwork.
- Conducts internal compliance audits across all program functions to maintain certification, or equivalent compliance type audits.
- Performs field return evaluations to ensure returns are processed and/or repaired within guidelines. Plans, documents, and obtains approval for return processes specific to a particular program/product problem assigned by MSPA engineer and Inspector Supervisor.
- Works with engineering on specialized tasks associated with program issues. Generate reports, tables, and analysis using standard desktop tools.
- Witnesses tests, validating procedural compliance and data collection during conduct of test. Within this function, will be required to inform MSPA engineering of significant deviations from test, and/or test failures, requiring test delay until authorization to continue is received.
- Tabulates and analyzes supplier's and incoming inspection data for trending. Reports results to responsible MSPA Engineer, and the Inspector Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as detailed by responsible Inspector Supervisor.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires an Associate's Degree in a related Engineering Technology field or equivalent, and a minimum of four (4) years of directly related Certified Quality Technician or Inspector experience.
- Current active DOD Secret Clearance at time of application submission
- Strong English language verbal and written skills are a must.
- Ability to write technical reports detailing audit/inspection results.
- Ability to present technical reports, and audit/inspection results in front of large groups of company/customer personnel.
- Knowledge of, and experience with production in accordance with IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and J-STD 001 standards.
- Must have experience working in a Six Sigma and ISO environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Existing Certification to:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- J-STD 001
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website