This position is for an IAS/ATG/OPS/GVS Maintenance Technician. Working alone or in small teams, the Maintenance Technician will perform preventive and corrective maintenance of Independent Alarm Systems, Automatic Tank Gauging Systems, Overfill Protection Systems, or Ground Verification Systems at Department of Defense installations across the following sites:
AFRES Grissom, AASF Shelbyville, Camp Atterbury, Fort Wayne MPT ANG, Terre Haute ANG (Hulman IAP ANG), Battle Creek ANG, Fort Custer, Grand Ledge (Michigan ARNG), Capital ANG (Springfield), Peoria ANG, Rock Island Arsenal, Scott AFB, Scott ANG, Alpena ANG, Camp Grayling, Selfridge ANG, General Mitchell ANG (Milwaukee), Madison ANG (115 fw/lgsf Truax Field), Volk Field ANG (Camp Douglas), Fort McCoy
The Maintenance Technician ensures proper operation of fuel accounting, alarm monitoring and controls, and leak detection equipment. Troubleshoots electronic systems and keeps organized, detailed records of work performed. Relocation and extensive travel are required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
• Ability to acquire and maintain corporate credit card
• Ability to travel 100% required - Relocation required
• Valid state driver's license
• High school diploma or equivalent and formal electronics training from technical school, Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or completion of four (4) year electronics apprenticeship program
- Four (4) years of practical experience, to include: Electronics Repair, Maintenance, Integration, Fielding and Checkout.
- Four (4) years' experience, to include: Supervision, and Shop Practices.
- four (4) years' experience performing removal, installation, maintenance, testing, and calibration of Automated Fuel Handling Equipment (AFHE), Airfield Refueling Electrical Supervisions and Control Systems (ARES), or Automated Tank Gauging (ATG) automation instrumentation and sensors. Specifically, must have demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following “Series ATG Systems”: Veeder Root TLS (TLS), Ronan (X76CTM), ENRAF 854 Servo, ENRAF 818 STIC, Hectronic Optilevel HLS 3010HF, Technologies, Barton 3500, GSI-MTG, MTS Level Plus M, Pneumercator TMS3000. Expertise in corrective maintenance on the following communications devices of the ATG systems: RTU 8130 associated modules; Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) such as the Modicon U120, Allen Bradley, and GE Fanuc; Phone switches; Radio Modems, External Modems, Radio equipment
- Required Certification: Underground Storage Tank (Release Detection)
- Experience with MS Windows OS and MS Office applications
- Ability to kneel and lift up to 40 pounds and work from heights of up to 50 feet
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience with Government fuel accounting systems (AFHE, FMD, FAS, BSM-E, ATG)
Experience with Automatic Tank Gauging Systems including one or more of the following: Veeder-Root, Ronan, Enraf, Barton, Pneumercator, Red Lion.
Experience with Independent Alarm Systems including one or more of the following: Scully, Magnetrol, E&H, Fafnir, Mercoid, Omnitrol, Pneumecator, TLC, Bindicator, Devar, Aggressive Systems, GE Fanuc Programmable Logic Controllers
Experience with Overfill Protection or Ground Verification Systems including one or more of the following: Scully, Varec, Fafnir, GE Fanuc Programmable Logic Controllers
Experience with serial data communications (e.g., RS-232, RS-485)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Apply on company website