The BAE Systems site in Anniston, Alabama is hiring for a Senior Facilities Engineer. In this role, the Facilities Engineer manages mid to high-level scoped projects. Plans and coordinates facility renovations, assembly line relocations, equipment updates and utility support; may include infrastructure modernization, maintenance and upgrading of plant systems, structures, architecture and interior finishes; ensures facilities compliance with OSHA, EPA, applicable codes (NEC, IBC, ADA) and local, state and federal codes and regulations. Applies engineering standards for limited structural designs in a manufacturing setting. Develops implementation schedules for subcontractor activities relating to facilities modernization, coordinating those activities to minimize production/operation delays or lost time and ensures compliance to schedules and project objectives. Investigates need for new facilities and equipment; participates in make or buy decision. Develops specifications which support facilities project implementation. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance and quality requirements are met.
- Creates, plans and performs engineering design, development and/or analysis tasks of moderate to high level complexity for a project or may lead these activities for a small project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule and performance requirements.
- Applies Engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to technical projects.
- Manages assigned facility project, including meeting with customers to define project scope, determining conceptual design approach, developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules, handling communication during project execution, monitoring project quality, negotiating changes, creating a punch-list and certifying completion for final payment.
- Applies knowledge of facility design to solve moderately to highly complex engineering or other project related problems. Selects the best methods or process from among several evaluated alternatives.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Provides input to project or program leaders for the development of project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve problems of moderate to high complexity. Customers may be either external or internal and may include organizational customers such as Operations, Quality, Operational Excellence, Finance, Procurement, or Management.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements.
- Analyzes and recommends methods for improving efficiency and reducing environmental impact of plant operations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Engineering or a relevant technical discipline and four (4) years relevant experience, or the overall equivalent experience.
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills in MS Office Suite, including desktop publishing and project.
- Well-versed in AutoCAD drafting software.
- High mental/visual application required to analyze facilities problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work to budgets and be responsible for estimated and actual costs on projects managed.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively exchange information within the department and project team.
- Negotiation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred but not required:
- DoD experience a plus!
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website