This position is contingent upon contract award anticipated in December 2021.
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. As a Senior Principal Telecommunications Engineer, you will manage a team of Telecommunications Engineers who analyze, diagnose and resolve issues with communications systems, subsystems, and electronic signals for communication networks, data links, audio systems, and command and control systems such as wide and local area networks, point-to-point systems, secure systems, signal coding and modulation schema, digital and wireless radio/communications technology and network architecture design.
Duties will include:
- Provide daily on-site technical support to include engineering and technical services regarding all telecommunications equipment (phones, A/V displays, projectors, conference lines, etc.)
- Operate, maintain, and trouble shoot video teleconferencing equipment to include VTC bridging equipment and end-user equipment at all classification levels
- Schedule, configure, test, and operate weekly VTCs.
- Work with customer sites to install MSC VTC equipment following an accepted requirement by the government.
- Assist the government in developing security documentation, configuration management, and any other required documentation for VTC operations. At this time, the VTC system is based on CISCO products and derivatives.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS degree in a STEM or IT related discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive, relevant experience, or and MS degree in a STEM or IT related discipline and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a STEM or IT related discipline and two (2) to five (5) years or progressive experience.
- At least one (1) year of the foregoing experience shall have been as a team leader or supervisor.
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem isolation for solving complex issues with audiovisual telecommunication instruments, equipment, and channels where limited standardization exists.
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- Comfortable working directly with customers and their telecommunications equipment
- Knowledge of Wide Area Networks
- Familiarity with Configuration management tools
- This position requires the successful candidate to hold an Active/valid Top Secret SCI clearance.
The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website