You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to implement tools and processes to insure suppliers in the Mechanical Fabrication commodity are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE Systems program customers and provide continuous improvement on current hardware. The person will work with the Commodity Lead to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to insure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings.
Expected Travel requirement: Approximately 25% plus. This will be a mix of local, day visits as well as overnight travel, outside the local area.
Additionally you will:
• Develop relationships with internal customers and the supply base to help reduce the time to resolve issues, drive improvements that may impact either group.
• Help implement AS9145 (APQP/PPAP) elements such as MSA's, PFMEA's & control plans.
• Work closely with the supply base as the liaison between BAE Systems and the suppliers
• Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance
• Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product, assess adequacy of supplier corrective action responses, and ensure long term, zero defect driven process improvements are put in place.
• Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
• Perform Product Process Verifications (PPV's) of product at supplier locations and lead supplier audits/assessments.
• Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE's expectations and requirements
• Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
• Conduct regular quality and delivery council meetings with the supplier, utilizing a cross functional team, to communicate supplier status, close running action items, and drive continuous improvement.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related industry experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Ability to successfully obtain at least a Secret security clearance
• Experience in machining and fabrication of metal parts
• Understanding of brazing processes (both vacuum and dip) and associated industry standards
• Strong GD&T skills, including experience with the review and approval of First Article Inspections based on AS9102 industry standard
• Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field
• Familiarity of plating specifications and other Special Process application and validation (i.e. plating, paint, welding, heat treat)
• Certified in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies and capable of utilizing quality tools to help drive continuous improvement
• Experience with the use and implementation of NetInspect, Discus and other online FAI tools
• Familiarity with PFMEA, DFMEA, MSAs and Control Plans
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website