Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a DevOps Engineerto join a mission critical, state-of-the-art program within the intelligence community.
In This Role:
- The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial OffThe-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Experience developing in Unix. Ability to perform shell scripting. Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
Who You Are:
- Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
- Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least six (6) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience developing scripts using Bash
- Experience monitoring, sustaining, and troubleshooting a large application/system infrastructure deployment in a Unix environment
- Experience developing Spark analytics using the Scala programming language
- Experience developing MPI analytics using the C++ programming language w/OpenMPI
- Experience developing Python analytics using Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with ETL processes, Big Data, NiFi, and Data Flows
- TS/SCI clearance with poly
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Accumulo
- Experience with SQL technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed files systems such as HDFS and GPFS
- Experience with Spring Projects such as Spring Boot, Spring Framework , and Spring Security
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools (Confluence, Jira)
- Experience with Git
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website